Middlebury Interactive provides extensive professional development to support school teachers with a successful implementation of our ELL curriculum modules.
Professional Development is critical to the success of our English Language Learning program—and completion of professional development training prior to launch is a key component of our implementation process.
Included in the Professional Development package for our ELL program are five synchronous webinars covering:
- Optimal L2 Learning:Learn how to bring research-based, proven strategies in second language acquisition to your classroom.
- Project-Based Learning: Learn practical tools and strategies for using project-and theme-based learning to support student language learning.
- Blended ELL Learning Environment:Explore tools and strategies that support student learning in the blended learning classroom.
- Differentiated Learning: Learn how to create a range of activities and daily plans to address the varied learning styles of your students.
- Scaffolding Academic Literacy: Vocabulary, Reading and Writing: Learn strategies for scaffolding vocabulary, reading and writing.
For implementations over 150 students, Middlebury Interactive can provide a full-day, onsite Professional Development program.
In addition, gain access to Middlebury Interactive’s:
- Professional Development Website
- Community of Practice Website
- Technical Help Desk
Steps to a successful implementation include:
1. Initial Onboarding Call (30 minutes)
2. Initial Implementation Webinars with Client Services Manager
- Administrative (45 minutes): Answer any functionality questions, review program planning agreement, confirm implementation details and process.
- Teacher (30 minutes): Answer any functionality questions, confirm classroom and student setup and enrollment.
- For schools with 5 or more teachers: one-hour live functionality training webinar.
3. Regularly Scheduled Consultation with Client Services Manager (30 minutes)