Digital K-12 Chinese, French, German and Spanish courses immerse students in language and culture.
Middlebury Interactive is the academic leader in world language instruction for K-12 students. We provide flexible, affordable access to superior online language courses that prepare students with the skills and cultural understanding to compete in the 21st Century global economy. Here are a few ways that our courses are different from other online world language courses you may find in the marketplace. Middlebury Interactive's courses:
- Are developed at grade level with age-appropriate topics and engaging themes specifically designed for K-12 learners.
- Focus on all four of the key language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Feature authentic cultural materials—such as text, audio, video and images—that teach language and culture simultaneously.
- Utilize a task-based approach goes beyond the typical classroom through real-life activities.
- Pay prominent attention to world culture and cross-cultural understanding.
- Optional online teacher available for additional support. Our state-certified online language teachers guide students in their learning by providing ongoing support, communication and encouragement, as well as personalized feedback on speaking and writing assignments.